RECIPE | Pizza chicken tray bake
Full of flavour, instead of the carb load from a pizza base, combine all your favourite pizza toppings and bake over chicken breasts
1kg chicken portions (we used thighs and drumsticks)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
10ml (2tsp) dried mixed herbs
1 x 400g chopped tomato and onion mix
1 small green pepper, cored and sliced
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
3-4 anchovy fillets, sliced lengthways
A handful of black olives
8 slices of salami or chorizo or any smoked meat
Mozzarella slices, as many as there are chicken portions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the chicken portions on the baking tray and drizzle over olive oil and rub over the chicken. Season and sprinkle over the herbs.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Combine the tomato and onion mix with the garlic, anchovy and olives and spoon over the chicken.
- If the salami slices are big fold and tuck between the chicken portions.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top the chicken portions with mozzarella cheese.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes to melt the cheese, then serve, garnished with fresh basil.