RECIPE | Rosemary roasted sausage and potato wedge tray bake
The beauty of this family-friendly oven bake is that you can use any sausages - pork, beef, lamb, chicken, vegetarian or even chipolatas.
To add flavour and texture to a pork sausage bake, add 2 apples, removing the core and cutting into wedges, when you combine all ingredients at the beginning of the bake.
600g potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2-3 red or white onions, cut into wedges
1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
A drizzle of olive oil
4 stalks of fresh rosemary or 10ml (2 tsp) dried rosemary
500g quality sausages of choice, I used pork
Fresh herbs of choice, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the potato wedges in a medium pot and cover with water. Add a teaspoon of salt. Bring to the boil and boil till just tender.
- Drain the potatoes and place on a baking tray.
- Add the onion wedges and garlic.
- Pour over olive oil, season and toss to mix.
- Add the sausages.
- If using dried rosemary, sprinkle over the dish and toss to mix. For fresh rosemary place the stalks over the top of the dish.
- Bake for 30 - 45 minutes, turning halfway until potatoes are crisp and sausages golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve garnished with fresh herbs.