RECIPE | Spicy fish tray bake with roasted cauliflower and chickpeas
This easy dish is like a fragrant curry with roasted veggies — without hours of cooking on the stove top.
If you prefer a less spicy version brush the fish fillets with softened butter to which you've added the finely grated rind of 1 lemon, salt and pepper and, if you have it, chopped parsley.
1 cauliflower, broken into florets
A large handful of Brussels sprouts or use sliced courgette/baby marrow if preferred
30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
5ml (1 tsp) each of ground cumin and ground coriander
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
600g fresh or frozen hake fillets, defrosted if frozen
30ml (2 tbsp) curry paste of choice, I used the Packo brand
1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the cauliflower florets and Brussels sprouts in a bowl and pour over the oil, spices, seasoning and garlic. Toss to mix so oil coats the veggies then add the chickpeas and mix through.
- Pour out onto a large baking tray and bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway.
- Brush the fish fillets with the curry paste and place around the roasted veg. Top with lemon slices and return to the oven for 15 minutes, ensuring the fish is just cooked through.
- Serve immediately, garnished with coriander and a salad.