Shopaholic: 6 cool & comfy armchairs
Snuggle up with a good book – or your iPad – in one of these stylish armchairs
1. For a sophisticated, slightly masculine feel to your living room or study, you can’t go wrong with a pair of leather armchairs that combine clean lines with hard-wearing comfort. Hunt Comfort armchairs (pictured above), from R18 130 each, Okha.
2. If your decor style is elegant yet modern, you’ll find this chair seriously appealing. The materials are luxuriously high-end and the overall feel is very chic, yet delightfully inviting. Distrikt armchair, R13 995 (excluding cushions), La Grange Interiors.
3. Looking for the last word in armchair luxury? Then a Casamento chair is your best bet. Carefully handmade using old-school upholstery techniques, this chair is an heirloom of the future. Starry armchair, R23 000, Casamento.
4. A contemporary armchair that has a laid-back look, this is the kind of chair from which you may have to repeatedly remove the cats – or even other humans – when you want to claim it. Kartell Foliage armchair, R24 675, A+I Unlimited Design.
5. We love a pair of armchairs and also think this bold pink upholstery combines beautifully with the mid-century modern lines of these lovelies. They are an ideal way to brighten up any space… Oak armchairs, R2 675 each, Vamp Furniture.
6. With a touch of retro and a whole lot of everyday appeal, this button-upholstered number has stacks of contemporary appeal – as well as a pleasingly high back for privacy while reading (or napping!). Carmen armchair, R5 599, Esque.