WIN! The trip of a lifetime for two to Victoria Falls worth R140,000
This incredible prize includes flights from Joburg, four nights' accommodation, meals and a host of unforgettable activities
Its biggest attraction, of course, is Victoria Falls, officially one of the world’s seven natural wonders and the largest sheet of falling water, but the eponymous Zimbabwean town has much more to offer, from game drives to Zambezi River cruises to helicopter flips over the falls.
Last year’s stringent Covid-19 lockdown hit the tourism town hard, but this year, with more than 60% of the local population vaccinated (and counting), and with its arms wide open to welcome visitors for some months now, tourism is coming back to life.
Now, one lucky reader will win a dream trip for two, valued at R140,000, to experience all the best that Victoria Falls has to offer.
The prize includes:
- Return Fastjet flights from OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg to Victoria Falls Airport in Zimbabwe.
- Two nights in a deluxe room at the three-star Shearwater Explorers Village in Victoria Falls on a B&B basis.
- Two nights at the five-star Matetsi Victoria Falls in a river suite, including all meals and drinks, twice-daily game drives and sunset river cruises.
- A “Flight of Angels” helicopter flight above the Victoria Falls.
- High tea at the Victoria Falls Hotel.
- An adrenaline-fuelled jet-boat ride to the bottom of the falls.
- An exhilarating whitewater-rafting trip.
- All Zimbabwean parks' fees.
- PCR test in Zimbabwe (required for your return to SA).
- All taxes.
The prize excludes:
- Transport to/from Oliver Tambo International airport in Johannesburg.
- PCR test before exiting SA (required for entry into Zimbabwe).
- All items of a personal nature and not specified above.
- Unspecified meals and drinks.
HOW TO ENTER VIA INSTAGRAM
Lock in your entry with three simple steps:
- Follow @sundaytimes_lifestyle and @steadfast.africa on Instagram.
- Comment on Lifestyle’s competition post by tagging at least two friends with whom you’d love to see Victoria Falls.
- Follow at least one (or all) of the co-sponsors: @shearwater_victoriafalls; @matetsivictoriafalls; @fastjetofficial.
- Share the post to your story for an extra entry, and tag @steadfast.africa and @sundaytimes_lifestyle
Entries close at the end of the day on September 19 2021.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The competition runs from 8am on August 29 2021 until 11.59pm on September 19 2021.
All people resident in SA, including South African citizens and foreign nationals, who are older than 18 years and in possession of a valid South African identity document or valid foreign passport are eligible to enter this competition.
The trip must be completed by December 10 2021. Dates are subject to availability, and transportation to Oliver Tambo Airport in Johannesburg is NOT included.
By entering the competition, you confirm that you have read and agree to be legally bound to these terms and conditions.
The competition is being organised by Steadfast Group (Pty) Ltd, hereafter referred to as “the organiser”. The organiser is solely responsible for the redemption and fulfilment of the prize. Sunday Times and its parent company Arena Holdings is in no way liable for the awarding and fulfilment of the prize.
The organiser will choose a winner via a random draw from all eligible entries received. The draw will take place on September 21 2021 or as soon thereafter as possible. The winner will be contacted directly via Instagram by 5pm on September 24 2021.
If the winner has not confirmed acceptance of the prize within 7 weekdays after the prize has been awarded and the winner contacted, another winner will be selected.
The organiser's choice of winner will remain final. Neither the organiser nor the Sunday Times, or its parent company Arena Holdings, will enter into any further correspondence in this regard.
The prize must be taken up as awarded and cannot be transferred to any other person or third person, sold or converted to cash.
The winner will be notified privately. Thereafter, the organiser and the Sunday Times may publish the winner’s name on any of their print or digital news platforms.
The following people may not take part in this competition: all employees of Arena Holdings (Pty) Ltd; Steadfast Group (Pty) Ltd; Shearwater (Pty) Ltd; Matetsi Victoria Falls; and Fastjet Zimbabwe Ltd. Any supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition. The spouses, life partners, siblings, children or parents of any of the people named above.
Entrants are responsible for any data, cellphone or other charges they may have to pay to gain the necessary network or internet access to enter the competition.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary as contained in these terms and conditions, by entering the winner indemnifies the organiser, their affiliates, advertising agencies, advisers, suppliers and nominated agents harmless for and against all damages, say, illness, loss and/or costs sustained by the winner or any third party attributable to the winner’s acts, omissions and/or wilful default.
The clauses in these terms and conditions are severable. This means that if any clause in these terms and conditions is found to be unlawful, it will be removed and the remaining clauses will still apply.
These terms and conditions and the competition are governed by the law of the Republic of South Africa. Wherever time has been referred to in these terms and conditions, it refers to GMT +2.