Issa draw: Everything you need to know about the Soweto Derby
It was an action-packed weekend as supporters of historical rivals Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates descended on FNB stadium to watch their teams as they went head to head during the Soweto Derby on Saturday.
Dressed in their respective clubs' regalia, more than 87,000 fans filled the stadium to capacity.
Excitement was high among the supporters as they cheered for their teams.
Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates drew 1-1.
Here's what you need to know about the derby:
- Tickets to the derby were sold out as more than 87,000 supporters of both teams filled the FNB stadium to capacity
- The Saturday derby was the 166th anniversary of the match
- Kaizer Chiefs had their first goal when the team's defender, Daniel Cordoso, scored 53 minutes into the game via a penalty kick.
- Pirates succumbed to the pressure, and striker Thembinkosi Lorch scored the equalising goal 33 minutes later.
- Nigerian national Daniel Akpeyi, the new Kaizer goalkeeper made his derby debut after joining the team a little over a week ago.