High Rollers may not be dead- just yet
The SABC has confirmed to TshisaLIVE that it is set to have a meeting with the producers of High Rollers next week to discuss the future of the show.
This comes just weeks, after a shock announcement by the show's production company that the public broadcaster apparently planned to can the show in the next 30-days.
Speaking to TshisaLIVE on Thursday, SABC spokesperson Kaizer Kganyago said that the broadcaster had been in discussions with the producers of High Rollers, Rous House Production, and had set up a meeting between the two parties for next week.
"We have been in contact with the production house and both parties have agreed to meet next week. I am not sure what day it has been set for but it will take place next week," Kaizer said.
Kaizer would not be drawn in divulging the meeting's agenda or outcomes.
"I have said before that the SABC will not discuss contractual issues in media and so I cannot divulge what will be discussed in the meeting. But given the nature of the parties involved, it will naturally be about High Rollers. It will not do us any good to speculate on an outcome of the meeting," Kaizer explained.
High Rollers made headlines late last month when Rous House Productions released a statement claiming that the SABC would be canning the show in 30-days.
The decision shocked many of the show's fans and drew criticism from people within the entertainment industry.
Find the hottest celebrity and entertainment news on TshisaLIVE or follow TshisaLIVE on Facebook and Twitter.