Man has penis amputated after Viagra overdose
A farmer and politician from Colombia was forced to undergo a penis amputation after he enthusiastically overdosed on Viagra, according to reports.
The 66-year old man from Gigante, Huila, confessed to the local newspaper, La Nacion, he had overdosed on Viagra in an attempt to please his new girlfriend.
However, as a result of his enthusiastic penis-enhancing-drug use, the man, who claims to be a former member of the Gigante municipal council, found that his penis had gone into an apparently constant state of erection.
Initially, he didn’t mind his altered state, but found out his member began to hurt a few days into the erection, the reports say.
Gigante doctors were alarmed by the complexity of the issue and referred the man to Neiva, the department capital with more ample medical facilities.
Medics at the Neiva hospital alerted the man his penis was inflamed, fractured and showed signs of gangrene, and had to be amputated to prevent the inflammation and gangrene from spreading to other parts of his body, says the Daily Mail.
They informed the patient his only option was amputation so the inflammation and gangrene would stop spreading to other parts of his body.
A doctor told local newspaper La Nacion: 'The patient showed bruising on the testicles and penis, was treated and is recovering well.'
As a result of the incident, the Neiva hospital issued a warning for men to not use penis enhancing drugs or erectile dysfunction medication without prescription from their doctors.
There was no information on the age of the new girlfriend or if the couple is still together, says the Toronto Sun.