Radovan Krejcir's bail application denied again
Czech fugitive Radovan Krejcir was denied bail in the High Court in Johannesburg, the National Prosecuting Authority said on Tuesday.
"Mr Krejcir's latest bail application was turned down by the court," said NPA spokeswoman Phindi Louw.
The Czech fugitive brought another bail application on an urgent basis. His last attempt at bail was denied by the same court in January.
Krejcir then launched another application based on "new facts" with the Palm Ridge Regional Court, which denied him bail again in February.
This was Krejcir's fourth attempt at securing bail since his arrest in November last year.
He is charged with dealing in drugs, attempted murder and kidnapping together with Desai Luphondo, Samuel Modise Maropeng, George Jeff Nthoroane, Jan Lefu Mofokeng and Siboniso Miya.
Luphondo, Maropeng, Nthoroane and Mofokeng were all released on R5000 bail in December.
Miya is still in custody.
All six would stand trial on May 5.