My leave is in best interests of the ANC - Fransman
ANC Western Cape chairperson Marius Fransman says he will not fight the ANC's decision that he step aside pending an investigation into allegations of sexual assault against him because it is in the best interests of the party.
Fransman told News24 he would be "taking leave" during this time.
The leader confirmed receipt of the directive from the national office to step aside until the investigation into the allegations had been completed.
"I was hoping the investigation would have been finalised but it's still ongoing. I do think it's in [the] best interest of [the] ANC and myself to take leave till the outcome of [the] process."
He insisted that he had not been suspended but merely asked to take time off.
The African National Congress confirmed on Thursday that it had told Fransman to step down pending the investigation.
A woman accused Fransman of sexual harassment while they travelled to the North West for the ANC birthday rally in Rustenburg earlier this month.
He has denied the claims.
Source News 24