JOB ADS | Multimedia reporter
Here's your chance to join the team at one of South Africa's most innovative publishers
Reporting to: Head of video
Location: Parktown, Johannesburg
Please note this is a contract position for six months.
We are looking for a multimedia reporter to work in our multimedia team producing original daily video content for all Tiso Blackstar Group websites – including TimesLIVE, BusinessLIVE and SowetanLIVE.
If you think you have what it takes to work for one of the biggest news websites in SA, here is what we are looking for:
- Writing, producing, shooting, voicing, editing and publishing video content in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to our audience.
- Writing text articles to accompany videos and researching background information for videos.
- Publishing video clips and editing image galleries according to editorial style and production quality guidelines.
- Assisting in sourcing and executing news investigations.
- Maintaining a strong list of story ideas.
- Weekend and after-hours work will be required at times.
Required skills and attributes:
- Strong English-language writing and communication skills.
- Strong on-camera presence and ability to do voiceovers.
- Current knowledge of local and world news events.
- Confidence in coordinating, organising and conducting interviews.
- Developing and maintaining a network of contacts for exclusive stories.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop and basic After Effects).
- Expertise in using various professional cameras.
- An understanding of digital video analytics and how to use them to plan and improve video content.
- Speed and accuracy are paramount.
- Self-motivated team player.
Skills that would be an advantage
- Experience in “live” video settings and technical knowledge thereof.
- Experience in a digital role in a newsroom.
Qualifications and experience
- Valid driver’s licence.
Applications deadline: June 15 2019
Your CV and a short cover letter should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail subject line: Multimedia reporter
Tiso Blackstar Group applies the principles of the Employment Equity Act and, as such, preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organisation. If we do not respond to you in the next two months, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.