There's a lot more to Inxeba star Bongile Mantsai
People know and even love to hate Inxeba's Vija and many others don't even like Nkululeko's Poncho but the man behind these villainous characters, Bongile Mantsai, is one with a big heart and passion to tell stories.
The 2018 SAFTA winner Bongile, who is best known for his starring role in the acclaimed South African film, Inxeba is the latest addition to etv's Scandal!.
Bongile will be playing Mthunzi in the drama and the role is that of another villain but the actor said he's thrilled by the challenge. He added that playing characters that are so far from who he is was fascinating for him.
TshisaLIVE got to know a little bit more about how Bongile functions and what drives him.
• My purpose in life is... To tell stories that have an impact especially for young upcoming artists and stories that can change our society and to leave a living legacy.
• My heart beats faster when... When I’m surrounded by family and good company and whenever I am doing something exciting.
• I hope South Africans will... realise that we are living in a beautiful and amazing country.
• I believe in... Love.
• In five years I... will be doing international movies and I will be sharing the skills I have learnt over the years with young people so that they can take over the baton and tell our stories.
• I am constantly searching for... opportunities, challenges and groundbreaking stories to tell.
• Nobody knows that I... write music for theatre
• There is a life beyond acting because... as much as you portray different characters, you have your own personal journey as your own character.
• If I had a million rand I would... make an impact instead of an impression and invest in projects that have longevity.
• If I had one wish I... would make the world more loving and nurturing.
• What I know now... is that there is new beginnings and it’s a new journey.