9 things you can do with vinegar besides sprinkle it on slap chips
Hilary Biller shares 9 ways you can use cheap, everyday white vinegar as a household cleaning product
1. Mix one part vinegar to two parts warm water in a spray bottle for cleaning windows. Dry with a soft cloth and rub with newspaper.
2. Clean a mucky microwave by bringing a solution of 60ml (4 tbsp) white vinegar and 250ml (1 cup) water to the boil in the microwave. Allow to stand for 15 minutes before removing and washing the oven with a damp cloth.
3. Remove fridge odours by washing the sides and shelves with a solution of equal parts white vinegar and warm water.
4. Rub wooden chopping boards with coarse salt, rinse in hot water and wipe with white vinegar before storing.
5. The safest way to kill weeds or grass on paving is to spray with neat white vinegar.
6. Shiny trousers? Dip a muslin cloth into a mixture of half white vinegar, half water and use to press the trousers.
7. Apply vinegar on a soft cloth to clean, shine and remove fingerprints on stainless-steel appliances.
8. Remove soap stains and mould from shower walls and doors with a sponge dipped in vinegar to which a squeeze of dishwashing liquid has been added. Wash down with a clean cloth.
9. Unclog a steam iron by filling with an equal mixture of white vinegar and water. Allow to steam for five minutes in the upright position. Allow to cool, pour out the solution, refill with fresh water and repeat.
Share your handy cleaning tips with Hilary Biller at email@example.com