RECIPE: Lamb chops with slow-roasted tomatoes
This herb-sprinkled rustic meal is everything a wholesome summer lunch should be
Prep and cooking time: 45 minutes
1 kg tomatoes on the vine
1 bunch of spring onions, cut into 10cm lengths
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
60ml (¼ cup) extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 lamb loin chops
45ml (3 tbsp) pomegranate molasses
A handful of loosely packed small fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and place tomatoes, onions, rosemary and oil in a roasting dish lined with baking paper.
2. Season generously with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until tomatoes are just beginning to split.
3. Preheat grill, griddle pan or gas braai and cook the chops for 3-5 minutes on each side or to taste.
4. Transfer chops to a warm plate, season and cover loosely with foil and stand for 5 minutes.
5. Drizzle with pomegranate molasses, serve with the roast tomatoes and garnish with basil.