How do you take a moment? With a good book and a glass of wine?
Share your way of taking a moment with Leopard's Leap and they might use it on the back label of their Merlot
Leopard's Leap is all about adding quality to life, and in combination with our support of the annual Open Book Festival, we urge you to take a moment – and share it in a few words – to win exciting prizes.
The Take a Moment Competition is one of the ways in which we support the popular literary festival and is the latest edition in a range of competition themes, finding inventive ways of combining the worlds of words and wine.
"In today's hurried life, we sometimes have to be reminded to take a moment," says Leopard's Leap CEO Hein Koegelenberg.
"Reading a book or enjoying a glass of wine are of course some of the wonderful ways in which to do so. This year we would like our supporters to think about their favourite way to time-out and share that with us in our 2019 Take a Moment Competition!"
How do you take a moment? Does it involve a good book and a glass of wine? Share your way of taking a moment with us in 50 words or less and we might use it on the back label of our Merlot. Use at least three of the words below:
Entrants in previous years designed wine labels (2015), wrote haikus (2016), shared micro-stories in a flash fiction challenge (2017) and brought words and wine together in a nostalgic Message on a Bottle competition (2018).
Taking a Moment
- Cash prize of R5,000
- 12 cases of Leopard's Leap Merlot labelled with the winning moment
- Two festival passes to Open Book 2019
- Competition opens for entries on Wednesday, July 10 2019
- Entries close on Sunday, July 28 2019 at midnight
- Judging to take place on Thursday, August 8 2019
- Winner to be announced at the Open Book Festival opening bash on Tuesday, September 3 2019
- No limit to number of entries per person
- E-mail your entry with contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for terms and conditions
- The winning moment will be used as back label copy on Leopard's Leap Merlot that will be available to consumers in the domestic market
- Take a Moment entries must be in English to comply with Leopard's Leap back label regulations and requirements for sale in SA
- Take a Moment entries may be used by Leopard's Leap and Open Book Festival on digital platforms (Facebook headers and posts, Twitter headers, website homepage, blog articles, newsletter and e-mail banners)
- Take a Moment entries may be printed on various promotional items including posters, canvases and leaflets
- Take a Moment entries may be displayed at Open Book Festival venues
- Take a Moment entries may be displayed at Leopard's Leap family vineyards in Franschhoek
- Judges: Hein Koegelenberg, Qarnita Loxton and Karina Szczurek
Open Book Festival will run from September 4-8