WATCH | How to make delectable Smarties cookie bars
Weekends are made for indulging! These cookie bars studded with Smarties will bring a smile to any kid and those young of heart
½ cup butter
1 cup dark brown sugar (the lightest variant)
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup cake flour
¼ tsp salt
⅔ cup Nestlé Smarties
Vanilla ice cream
½ cup Nestlé Smarties, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a medium square tin.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and sugar. Stir well and cool slightly.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour and salt over the mixture and fold in carefully.
- Fold the Smarties into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased tin and bake 20-23 minutes until a skewer is inserted and comes out mostly clean.
- These cookie bars have a brownie-like texture; if you prefer a more chewy, gooey brownie, serve them warm. Otherwise allow them to set in the fridge.
- To serve, slice into squares and top with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and the chopped Smarties.
WATCH | How to make Smartie cookie bars, step-by-step