LOCKDOWN HEROES | Nominate your hero & you could each win an SA holiday worth R15,000
We're celebrating beautiful SA and its people who have done so much for others during the Covid-19 lockdown
As a nation, we are resilient in times of adversity. Our spirit of generosity and ubuntu unites us to fight against any challenge. This time it has been no different.
We're celebrating both our beautiful country and its people who have done so much for others in need during the Covid-19 lockdown.
Nominate a lockdown hero from your community and tell us why they deserve the title, and you and your hero could each win a holiday travel voucher worth R15,000 to be used in SA. (The prize is subject to the conditions outlined below.)
To enter, simply complete the form below.
Powered by Brand South Africa.
Thank you, South Africa, for playing your part during the Covid-19 lockdown.
You are all South African heroes!
Prizes are sponsored by Flight Centre, which remains committed to keeping your travel dreams alive as the situation surrounding Covid-19 continues to evolve.
Terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to the competition titled Lockdown Heroes SA (“the Competition”), organised by Arena Holdings (Pty) Ltd (“the Organiser”), which runs from May 24 2020 until 5pm on June 6 2020.
- By entering the Competition, you confirm that you have read and agree to be legally bound to these Terms and Conditions. Any violation or attempt to violate any of these Terms and Conditions will result in your immediate disqualification.
- All persons resident in South Africa, including South African citizens and foreign nationals, who are older than 18 years and in possession of a valid South African identity document or valid foreign passport (“the Entrants”) are eligible to enter this Competition. Proof of address may be required by the Organiser.
- Entrants must provide their name, surname and email address, and nominate one lockdown hero via the form provided on this page.
- At the end of the Competition, one Entrant and the lockdown hero nominated by that Entrant ("the Winners") – chosen at the Organiser's discretion via an editorial panel from a final shortlist of entries as the best of the Competition based on the description and motivation provided for the lockdown hero and the Entrant’s own reason for wanting to explore SA – will each be awarded a travel voucher worth R15,000.00 for a holiday package booking to a destination in South Africa to be made directly through Flight Centre Travel Group.
- The voucher is valid for a period of 12 months after level two of the Covid-19 lockdown period.
- This prize is non-redeemable for cash, other goods or services that are not provided by the Flight Centre Travel Group.
- Standard terms & conditions apply. Please visit www.flightcentre.co.za for more information.
- The Organiser and its agencies cannot be held liable for any changes to flight schedules, routes and destinations or loss of baggage by any suppliers.
- Cancellations and change costs to the booking once the Winners have booked will be for the Winners’ own expense.
- Travel insurance is recommended at an additional charge.
- The Organiser and agencies cannot be held liable if the Winners do not obtain the correct visa for international travel when required. Each Winner is responsible for finding out if visas are required when travelling internationally, depending on the nationality of the passport on which the Winner travels.
- The vouchers are not transferable, for sale or resale, or redeemable for cash under any circumstance.
- Any additional charges over and above the value of the Winners’ vouchers, or arising from additional passengers, will be for the Winners’ own accounts. Payment for the balance will be either by EFT or ECA link (secure electronic credit acceptance) before the booking will be completed.
- The Winners will be required to participate in marketing for Flight Centre Travel Group and its suppliers by means of holiday photos and social media tags.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block-out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- The Winners must have a credit/debit card available for all additional extras that they may wish to add to their trip. These include but are not limited to:
- airport taxes;
- Seasonable closures, block-out periods and peak season supplements;
- spending money;
- additional accommodation fees if the stay is extended;
- car rental;
- gratuities and porterage; and
- meals and drinks.
- E and OE.
- The Winners will be required to produce their original South African identity documents or foreign passports as proof.
- The Winners will be contacted by email. Prizes must be taken up as awarded and cannot be transferred to any other person or third party, or sold or converted in any way.
- The Organiser's choice of Winners will remain final. The Organisers will enter into no further correspondence in this regard.
- If the Organiser cannot get hold of the Winners within 3 weekdays after the prize has been awarded to those Winners, the Organiser will select another Entry for the prize.
- By entering the Competition, Entrants agree that their Entries can be published in full or in edited form by the Organiser in the context of this Competition in any of the Organiser's newspapers (including the Sunday Times and Sowetan); on any of the Organiser's digital news platforms (including the Sunday Times, TimesLIVE and SowetanLIVE); and on any of the Organiser's associated social media and television platforms.
- The Organiser may also publish the Winners’ names on any of the Organiser's print or digital news platforms, including the Sunday Times and TimesLIVE, and on any of its associated social media platforms, unless the Winners expressly indicated that the Organiser does not have permission to do so.
- The Organiser reserves the right to extend or shorten the duration of the Competition, subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any such extension will be announced on this page.
- The Organiser and Flight Centre Travel Group also reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Competition. In such event, all Entrants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the Organiser and Flight Centre Travel Group, their employees, agents, partners, suppliers, sponsors or promoters. Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- The following persons may not take part in this Competition, even if they qualify to enter: all employees of Arena Holdings (Pty) Ltd, Brand South Africa and Flight Centre Travel Group, as well as all employees of advertising agents or consultants relating to this Competition, including One Over One Digital Agency Services; any supplier of goods and services in connection with this Competition; the spouses, life partners, siblings, children or parents of any of the persons named above; and legal entities.
- The Organiser reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time and will publish any such changes on this page. It is all Entrants’ responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions for any amendments.
- No members of the Organiser and Flight Centre Travel Group are responsible for lost, delayed, misdirected, internet or computer malfunctions, errors in transmission or any condition beyond the control of the Organiser and Flight Centre Travel Group that may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- Entrants are responsible for any data, cellphone or other charges they may have to pay to gain the necessary network or internet access to enter the Competition.
- The clauses in these Terms and Conditions are severable. This means that if any clause in these Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful, it will be removed and the remaining clauses will still apply.
- These Terms and Conditions and the Competition are governed by the law of the Republic of South Africa. Wherever time has been referred to in these Terms and Conditions, it refers to GMT +2.