RECIPE | Dukkah roasted vegetable & lentil salad
Dukkah, an Egyptian spice mix, adds bags of flavour to this salad that's topped with caramelised walnuts and a creamy yoghurt dressing
Prep + cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
125ml (½ cup) thick plain yoghurt
60ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
15ml (1 tbsp) finely grated lemon rind
60ml (4 tbsp) lemon juice
15ml (1 tbsp) honey
Salt and black pepper, to taste
30ml (2 tbsp) honey
100g (1 cup) walnuts
25ml (5 tsp) readymade dukkah
2kg pumpkin, cut into 2.5cm wedges
2 large red peppers, seeded and quartered
1 large red onion, cut into wedges
30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
1 x 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed
A handful of watercress
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line three oven trays with baking paper.
- Combine dressing ingredients, mix well and set aside.
- Bring honey to the boil in a small pan over medium heat. Add walnuts and 1 tsp of the dukkah and toss to coat. Transfer to a lined baking tray, bake for 5 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Place pumpkin on the second baking tray and peppers and onion on the third tray. Drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with remaining dukkah and bake for 30 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Serve the roasted vegetables with the lentils, honey-roasted nuts, watercress and yoghurt dressing.