Podcasts to padkos: your guide to the ultimate Easter road trip
What to listen to, what to eat and which apps to download for happy travels this long weekend
WHAT TO LISTEN TO
If YOU'RE TRAVELLING FROM CITY TO CITY (JHB TO CPT)
2 Dope Queens is a hilarious take on contemporary city living from Phoebe Robinson and Jessica Williams.
- What Now by Sylvan Esso
- I See You by The xx
- Rumours by Fleetwood Mac
The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood, read by Claire Danes.
If YOU'RE TRAVELLING THROUGH THE KAROO
The New Yorker Fiction; the best writers of our time read stories from The New Yorker’s archives.
- America by America
- Graceland by Paul Simon
- A Deeper Understanding by The War on Drugs
Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion, read by Diane Keaton.
If YOU'RE TRAVELLING FROM SEA TO SEA (DBN TO MAPUTO)
You Must Remember This; US film critic Karina Longworth delves into Hollywood’s secrets histories.
- Beach House by Beach House
- Ctrl by SZA
- Ritual Union by Little Dragon
Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman, read by the author.
IF YOU'RE TRAVELLING WITH KIDS
Brains On!; a quirky, fun-filled science podcast for kids, produced by Minnesota Public Radio.
- Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
- Sing (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Beauty and the Beast (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by JK Rowling, narrated by Eddie Redmayne.
WHAT TO EAT
Try some of these easy recipes for gourmet padkos:
WHICH APPS TO DOWNLOAD
- Waze: This real-time, data responsive application will steer you clear of the worst traffic on your way.
- Packpoint: An application that advises you how to pack your bags, based on what the weather’s like at your destination.
- Netcare Assist: It’s free, and, in the event of a medical emergency, it simplifies the process of reaching a doctor, calling an ambulance and locating the nearest Netcare hospital.
- Wolfram Sun Exposure: This inexpensive app keeps sun damage at bay, by calculating how long you should spend in the sun based on your location, your skin tone and your choice of SPF.